Mouth Tape for Men with Beards
We know there are many men out there with facial hair that still want to wear mouth tape to help with their snoring, sleep apnea, and overall sleep wellness. Good news! Mouth tape can be worn by people with beards and other facial hair.
Here’s our tips to get the best fit and function for using mouth tape when you have a beard or facial hair:
- Position the mouth tape lower on your mouth/lips so that it doesn’t stick to upper lip hair. Upper lip hair generally points downward and makes it difficult for any medical-grade adhesive to stick, so positioning the top of your mouth tape at the top of your lip “bow”, rather than over the top of the lips, will result in a tighter grip while you sleep through the night.
- Apply to dry, clean lips. Remove any lip balm, lotions or creams on your skin or beard that might impact the adhesive from the mouth tape in adhering to your skin. Mouth tape doesn’t readily stick to facial hair, so direct contact with your actual skin is key.
Now that you’ve got the positioning right, you’re ready to sleep easy and enjoy the benefits of mouth taping! Here are the top benefits of mouth taping for men:
- Limited or no snoring! Yay!
- No dry mouth while sleeping (goodbye glass of water next to the bed!)
- Reduced or no drooling while sleeping (glad to kiss that one goodbye, too!)
- Improved lung capacity, which means a stronger diaphragm and lungs
- Slower breathing, which can offer cardiovascular benefits
- Increased oxygen uptake while sleeping (more oxygen in your blood = less brain fog!)
- Reduced intake of airborne particles while sleeping (the nose is just so naturally good at filtering those things out!)
- More humidified inhaled air, which makes your naturally moist lungs happy
- Some nasal breathers even see improvements to the shape and angularity of their jawline over time, making you look that much perkier in the morning
- And (last, but definitely not least), good sleep can mean a glowing complexion in the morning and more energy for the day ahead!
If you have facial hair and want to share more tips for using mouth tape while bearded, please drop us a line! We'd love to feature your tips, just email us: firstname.lastname@example.org